The Centre for Inclusion and Citizenship is Canada’s only university-based research centre with a dedicated focus on intellectual disability policy and practice.
We Believe In…
- INCLUSION ~ we all have a responsibility to create inclusive and welcoming communities
- CITIZENSHIP ~ being a citizen means enjoying all the rights and responsibilities that most people take for granted
- ACCESS ~ everyone needs and has a right to live in a safe and comfortable place that they can call home ~ to engage in meaningful work for fair pay ~ to enjoy reciprocal relationships ~ to have access to public facilities ~ and to live a full life in the community
- LIFELONG LEARNING ~ we are committed to fostering, supporting, and maintaining a culture of lifelong learning to support growth, innovation and excellence
- LEADERSHIP ~ achieving truly inclusive and welcoming communities for all citizens requires leadership by everyone. WE are committed to demonstrating, supporting and developing leadership
- COLLABORATIVE PRACTICE ~ we believe innovative solutions to the issues faced by people with intellectual disabilities will be found in new relationships and partnerships